Start a new topic
Not Taken

Servers for other valve games and a server rotator?

Figured you guys are using MOTD advertising and while it doesn't work in cs-go anymore what about other games like Left 4 Dead 1/2, Garry Mod, Fistful of Frags, No More Room in Hell and etc. These games may not all be free but most people own them. This could fix the issue of not having enough servers for tf2.

Also if you could add a way to connect to any server that is not full rather then one specific one that would also be great, something like a server rotator.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion!

As far as I know MOTD ads would work in many other games, yes. But it's just more complicated for us to set up and maintain servers for different games and I don't see much benefit to it as TF2 is free-to-play, so everyone can install it. As for not having enough servers - it's much easier for us to set up more TF2 servers instead of servers for other games. Hope that makes sense.

I like the idea of adding a way to connect to any server that is not full. It would be possible to add this to the autojoin tool on our website and we'll be looking into that. I'll still mark this as "Not Taken" because of the post title, so people don't get confused.

1 person likes this

"TF2 is free-to-play, so everyone can install it"

I just want to let you know one thing: people low on storage may have trouble with TF2.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment